Post a Response | Change Password | FAQ's | Forum

About the 2017 SFL500 Points and Live Scoring

Posted by: nick
IP Address: 143.101.237.54
Post Time: February 06, 2017 at 07:53:01

As you hopefully know by now, we are not guaranteeing Live League Scoring (LLS) for the 2017 season. Though you may not know, the SFL never guaranteed that feature. We can't because we never know until after the Daytona 500 race actually starts what kind of race data might be available to use for the live league scoring. Every year it has been a major struggle to provide this feature and it takes a lot of work to make it happen.

This year, with all the silly changes NASCAR is doing breaking up races into 3 segments and assigning points after each segment is so radicle that there would not be enough time to reprogram the SFL Web site to the new points system or even be sure we understand it before the first race starts.

Also, with these changes we have no idea what the timing and scoring data might even look like so I wanted to be honest and up front with you all and tell you there is a great chance we will not have Live Scoring at all this year.

So in order to run the league this year I made the decision that we will announce no live scoring and we will run the league based on last years points system but without the lap leader points because we have no reliable and timely way to determine lap leaders.

This means the NASCAR race driver winner gets 43 points, second will get 49, third 48 and so on dropping a point for each lower finishing position. This is how the SFL will score each race.

The Live League Scoring link will be up and you can click on it but I have no idea what you will see. We will study it and try to get something working but it is going to take a lot of time and I honestly have no idea if we can figure it out or not.

I know you guys and gals well enough to know you understand this and I thank you for that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Response
* Required fields
*Username:
*Password:
E-mail:
*Subject:
Link URL:
You must be a registered user first to post. Click here to register.
Click here if you forgot your password information.